Are you looking for a great opportunity to get involved with the WordPress community?
We are in search of WordPress enthusiasts eager to lend a hand! WordCamps would not be possible without a strong volunteer base of people like you. If you’ve been thinking about attending WordCamp Minneapolis St. Paul and want to help out, we would love to have you join us! Volunteering at WordCamp is a fun way to meet members of the local and national WordPress community, as well as help contribute to making the event a success.
We have tons of positions that fit a variety of skill sets and schedules. You don’t have to be a WordPress expert to help out! Volunteers are involved with setup, registration, video, room management, speaker coordination, answering questions, and everything in between. Sign up now to get on our volunteer list, which includes a ticket to WordCamp, some special swag, and of course our gratitude!
General Admission tickets are now on sale for WordCamp Minneapolis – St. Paul! We are looking forward to another exciting year of WordPress education, networking, and collaboration! We sold out last year, and we anticipate this year will be just as in-demand, so get your tickets now!
We’re mixing things up a little bit this year based on previous conference feedback. Our conference sessions will be taking place on Friday and Saturday this year, to enable both professionals and hobbyists a chance to attend. In the weeks to come, we’ll be announcing the details of our schedule, social events, and other surprises.
We haven’t forgotten about Sunday! We’ll be announcing our plans for some contributor activities, as well as bringing back our popular WordPress training sessions (available for an additional ticket cost), so stay tuned!
General Admission tickets include access to all of your favorite “S” words: Sessions, Swag, Snacks, and of course Social Events!
Get your tickets now!
Interested in Sponsoring or Speaking at WordCamp Minneapolis, or know someone who is? Get in touch!
Are you interested in joining our speaker lineup this year?
(Speaker Applications are now closed. Thanks to everyone who applied!)
WordCamp Minneapolis-St. Paul is a locally organized conference that features speaker talent both local to the Twin Cities and around the country. In addition to the typical rules for speaking at a WordCamp, there are a few other things we are looking for:
- Represent a diverse range of voices from the local and national community, including experienced speakers and new speakers with a passion for their topic.
- Emphasis on connecting with other creative and tech communities outside the WordPress space, or outside the typical presenters we normally hear at WordCamps.
- Appeal to an audience with a broad skillset, especially the thriving development, design, and blogging communities here in the Twin Cities
- Present a variety of topics on WordPress, including Web Development, Design, Technology, Writing, SEO/Marketing, and other fields as they relate to using, building, creating, and improving WordPress sites, themes, plugins, and products
What does that mean for your talk submissions?
- Topics presented should focus not just on “what to do” or “how to do” something, but why it should be done and the purposes behind it.
- Special consideration to talks that can promote cross-disciplinary collaboration, applying lessons from one field/area to another, or the importance of learning/education
- We want to encourage diversity (of opinions, of people and backgrounds, of voice, and of skillsets)
Additional thoughts for potential speakers:
- Talks do not have to be specifically about WordPress, but must relate to WordPress in some way, whether it’s using WordPress, building/developing/designing for WordPress, enhancing WordPress, or interacting with the WordPress community
- Calling non-WordPress developers! WordPress has a lot to learn from the broader development community, whether it’s PHP, open source, or other languages and disciplines. We’d love to hear what you’d have to say!
- Calling designers and visual thinkers! WordPress isn’t just about development. We want to hear about visual design, user inferfaces, user experience, animation, and cross-disciplinary applications of design thinking principles in other fields
- Calling strategists, writers, bloggers, and content producers! The web wouldn’t exist without content, and we want to hear from you about content creation and strategy
- Looking for 45 minute talks (including Q&A), and a few lightning talks. We are also open to panels or multi-person talks.
Know someone you’d like to hear speak?
If you know a person who is a great speaker, or maybe a new speaker with tons of knowledge to share, and would like to nominate them to speak, get in touch via our Contact Form and let us know who it is, where they are located, and what it is they speak about, as well as a way for us to get in touch.
Ok, enough introductions… apply now!
WordCamp Minneapolis-St. Paul is looking for sponsors for our 2017 event.
Sponsoring WordCamps is a rewarding experience for companies of all sizes, giving you lots of positive visibility and good karma. Plus, it’s a great way to give back to the WordPress community.
Why sponsor WordCamp?
By sponsoring WordCamp Minneapolis-St. Paul, you show your support for the WordPress project, that free, open source software has enriched your life and/or business; you also contribute to the growth of your local WordPress community.
WordCamps are run entirely by volunteers and the only funds available are those from ticket sales and our sponsors. We strive to keep ticket prices low ($20/day or less) to ensure accessibility to freelancers and small business owners with limited funds. However, that introduces a challenge when it comes to having a suitable venue, food & beverages for hundreds, technical capabilities, support services, and top-notch speakers. We literally cannot do it without you!
That’s where you come in.
Whether you would love to feed us lunch, willing to perform a service we are in need of, or have a spare $1,000 lying around, we absolutely appreciate that help. With a wide variety of sponsorship levels and ways you can contribute, we have something that fits nearly any budget.
Ready to help us out?
Download our sponsorship information document to get some more details, and then fill out the form below. Our organizing team will be in touch. Thank you so much for helping!